On 18/11/2023 between 02:07hrs & 02:12hrs unknown persons have accessed the rear garden of a residential property on Tennyson Road Daventry and removed a scooter from the location.
Did you witness anything?
Did you see anyone or any vehicle(s) in the area that looked suspicious?
If so, then please contact Northamptonshire Police on 101 quoting ref: 23000714549.
Alternatively you can report online here.
You can also pass on information anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
· Burglars often break in at the rear of properties. Ensure your rear garden is secure at all times with 1.8m perimeter fence/wall/gate and keep all gates locked
· Make sure the front of your property is easily seen – fences and hedges should not be more than 1 metre high
· Install dusk to dawn lighting above your front door
· Keep your doors locked at all times – so many burglars just walk in – don’t make it easy for them!
· If you’re not in the room, close the window
· Make sure your house looks occupied, leave lights on when you’re out. Use timer switches for when you’re away
· Security products help to deter and detect crime Get Smart Security With Ring Doorbells, Cams & Security Systems
· Ensure your premises are alarmed. If you are in a remote location, your alarm should be remotely monitored and any confirmed activations forwarded directly to police for response.
· Make sure your premises has good lighting covering access points and dark or hidden areas
· Invest in CCTV to deter and detect crime
· Retailers should leave their tills empty overnight with till drawer left open to avoid any damage
· Valuable items should be stored within a securely locked cupboard/cage within the building
More crime prevention advice can be found on the Northamptonshire Police website and on the Neighbourhood Watch website.
If you would like to contact your local policing team, visit the Policing in Your Area section of our website.